2023. What a year!
I firmly believe in practising gratitude. The more often, the better. Both small and big aspects of life. It is the light, warmth and love that calibrate the noise when we need it the most.
Personally, I have an abundance of things to be grateful for. As for MORJAS, I am incredibly thankful for a lot, but above all, I am most grateful to the team. Don’t get me wrong; as part of our community, you hold a strong second place. But the genuine truth is that you wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the team.
What would we be without them? Nothing. You would get pretty basic products with a mediocre customer experience. You would have a brand that is like shrugging your shoulders. MORJAS would probably not even exist.
Thanks to the team, we have marked many milestones during the year:
- We opened Casa MORJAS, our first physical store. This flagship embodies our DNA and truly represents the contrasts between the Mediterranean and Sweden. Thanks to all of you who have honoured us with a visit and have had the opportunity to feel, smell and interact with MORJAS in a whole new way.
- New brand identity: we launched a brand facelift during spring. A metamorphosis reflecting MORJAS’ evolution from boy to man. It mirrors our character: long-lasting aesthetics with an edge.
- Brand collaboration: we joined forces with Sporty & Rich and launched a capsule collection of vibrant penny loafers. We are humbled by the beautiful response.
- We reached a team satisfaction rate of 4.9/5. This is a testament to our amazing group that lives by our strong company culture, which is rooted in kindness, determination and ambition.
- New launches: we introduced a parade of brand-new styles, from The Court Sneaker to The Driving Shoe, along with refined updates on loafers, boots and more. The stimuli of refining, tweaking, and enhancing our collection year after year is truly rewarding.
- Social mission: as we wrap up the year, we aim to reach 2,800 pairs of donated shoes to children in need. For the fifth consecutive year, we donate 1% of our revenue to our social mission, The Shoe That Grows.
- New team: we welcomed eight new fantastic colleagues during the year – stars that enrich the group and share our ambition of always delivering beyond the expected.
- Community: we welcomed a big group of new people to the MORJAS family and now mark a strong 45,000+ number of customers.
While these achievements stand tall, their realization wouldn’t be conceivable without you. Together with the entire team, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being part of our family. You enable us to do what we do: provide high-quality items that live a long life and hopefully provide an exciting and inspiring experience along the way.
I send you my warmest wishes for the holidays and wish you all the best for 2024. And don’t forget – practice gratitude!
All the best,
CEO and founder